- It is not a question of choice; we have no choice;
- Drivers: population growth / growing wealth, climate change, growing energy costs, internet acting as a turbocharger of the crisis;
- We don´t know how this is going to change;
- Ex: Panama Canal. The 2 new passages in the north pole (because of the ice melting) will turn it obsolete!
- Greenland melts. Seas will rise about 7 meters (don´t invest in Río, NY, London property). Latinamerica is resilient to water.
- Absence of leadership (they do not tolerate that we bring up the subject);
- Chinese are looking for guidance;
- Markets mobilize first: diseases, insurance industry, carbon market;
- 4 criteria of his program: carbon footprint, energyy, biodiversity, social;
- Private sector has not waited the government;
- There is a lot of liquidity in the market, and anxiety to clean up the acts, that there are going to be accidents;
- BP (beyond petroleum instead of british petroleum), Shell biggest investor in biodiversity in the world, General Electric idem, Exxon todo lo contrario;
- Due diligence on your contractors is crucial for your success;
- Only three manage everything, subcontract 7 (o 70) thousand employees;
- 99% of people that work in the amazon are women, men are drunk all day;
- Brazil has discovered the 5th largest oil well in the world;
- Una hectárea en Minas Gerais al lado de una plantación de soja puede costar mil dólares;
- Check out GMO´s (Jeremy Grantham) website and SAI platform (Sustainable Agriculture Iniciative Platform: 82% food producers represented);
- ENVIRONMENT IS PROFITABLE, EXCITING AND GOOD BUSINESS!!!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Environmental Business, The next dot-com? John Forgach, Chairman The Equator Group, NY. Brazil.